Send Comments
Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

Exception  
by alan sims [alan dot sims at e-hps dot com]
posted on 2004/04/08

I am receiving the following exception while receiving (synchronous SecureSocket.Receive) data from a socket. I do not receive this exception when using previous versions of your dll. What changed? How can I avoid this and still upgrade to your latest version? Version 1:0:13:692 of Org.Mentalis.Security.dll seems to work just fine. The version that produced the exception is 1:0:13:700.

Thanks.
Here's the text of the exception:
---------------------------------------
Exception reading from Server: Org.Mentalis.Security.SecurityException: An error occurs while communicating with the remote host.
Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: The other side has sent a failure alert.
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.HandshakeLayer.ProcessAlert(RecordMessage message)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.HandshakeLayer.ProcessMessages(RecordMessage message)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.RecordLayer.ProcessBytes(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SocketController.OnReceive(IAsyncResult ar) ---> Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: The other side has sent a failure alert.
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.HandshakeLayer.ProcessAlert(RecordMessage message)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.HandshakeLayer.ProcessMessages(RecordMessage message)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.RecordLayer.ProcessBytes(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SocketController.OnReceive(IAsyncResult ar)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.SecureSocket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.SecureSocket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2004/05/16

Could you upgrade to the latest version? We uploaded a new version a few days ago, and there's a good chance the error you're encountering is fixed.

by David [david at thera dot com dot br]
posted on 2005/12/06

I am facing the same problem. I created a TCP server based in the WebServer example. My client is writen in openssl, but when the client try to make a handshake, sametimes the seclib throws the SslException "The other side has sent a failure alert". I am with the latest version of the seclib

by David [david at thera dot com dot br]
posted on 2005/12/14

As Mentalis has not given me any response for my problem, I´ve given up this solution. Now I will migrate my application to .NET Framework 2.0. .NET 2.0 has support for SSL. And if I have any problem I can ask Microsoft, and have a good support.

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.