Send Comments
Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

SSL3 in Windows CE .NET 4.2  
by Evandro Pereira [evandro_pereira at procomp dot com dot br]
posted on 2004/05/26

Does anybody know if there is any library available that offer SSL3 support for .NET Compact Framework in a Windows CE .NET 4.2? The library should support Internet Protocols other than HTTP.
Thanks.

by Ryan Steckler
posted on 2004/06/01

I wish mentalis did, because its -almost- a drop in replacement for the .NET sockets, but alas, they do not.
The *only* product I found that supports secure sockets for .NET compact framework is www.nsoftware.com. Their implementation is not anything like .NET sockets, so migrating to their architecture is a pain. It's also expensive. 900$ for a license, iirc.

-r

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2004/06/01

As Ryan said, we do not support the CF. The main reason of this is because the CF doesn't support the .NET crypto architecture.

SSL support for non-HTTP protocols will be supported in the next versions of the (normal) .NET runtime, so with any luck it'll also be available in the next version of the CF.

by Nick Tolomiczenko [nick at neikos dot com]
posted on 2004/06/12

OpenNETCF at http://www.opennetcf.org has recently epanded its compact framework to include a OpenNETCF.Security.Cryptography namespace that seems to have a lot of what is missing in the .NET Compact Framework. Would this help in coming up with a compact version of the ssl libary?

by Ryan Steckler
posted on 2004/07/27

I've actually started trying to do this. I've resolved all of the missing crypto classes, but there still remains some unsupported code. Namely:
Serializable
SerializationInfo
InteropServices.StructLayoutAttribute (and CharSet) (only 2 instances of this matter)
MarshalAs (only 4 instances of this matter)

If anyone knows a fast clean way to pull references to those classes out and still have working code, I think we could get this working. Wish I had more time to spend on it.

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.