Send Comments
Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

WebClient Sample and HP OpenVMS Connection  
by Matt [mdframe at sorvive dot com]
posted on 2004/06/18

I am trying to use the sample WebClient application to connect and download data from a HP OPenVMS environment with SSL. The client works fine with all of my Windows servers but when trying to download data from the HP server I get the initial connection but then when the request is sent I receive a message stating the connection has been closed. I am not a socket expert but this seems as though it should work. I have downloaded a couple of HTTP file download freeware tools and they work successfully with the HP Server so I have to believe it's something in the .Net framework.

The credentials I am sending are correct since the freeware tools work. Can someone give me an idea what to look for?

I don't want to give my user id and connection in the forum but if you would like to reproduce to the problem please send me an e-mail and I will give you the connection information.

Thanks...

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2004/07/04

It's possible that the security library and the server you're connecting to do not share a common cipher suite.

Keep in mind that the security library only supports the RSA suites, so if your server requires a Diffie-Hellman suite, the seclib and the server will not be able to communicate.

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.