Send Comments
Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

SslException: Message is too small  
by Stefan Bernbo [stefan at ilt dot se]
posted on 2004/06/22

I have written a ftpserver using the mentalis ssl socket and it normally works great.
But I have a problem when I send a specific file from the Dart.PowerTCP.SecureFtp component. I have tried to send the same file using the same client to commercial ftpservers without problems, but when I send it to my own ftpserver I get this exception every time:

¤¤¤Org.Mentalis.Security.SecurityException: An error occurs while communicating with the remote host.
Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: Message is too small.
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.RecordLayer.UnwrapMessage(RecordMessage message)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.RecordLayer.ProcessBytes(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SocketController.OnReceive(IAsyncResult ar) ---> Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: Message is too small.
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.RecordLayer.UnwrapMessage(RecordMessage message)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.RecordLayer.ProcessBytes(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SocketController.OnReceive(IAsyncResult ar)

Does anyone know of this problem?

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2004/07/04

I'm unable to recreate the problem. I downloaded a trial version of PowerTCP and it connected perfectly to our SecureSocket WebServer example.

If you could show me how I can recreate the problem, I'd be happy to take a look at it.

by Stefan Bernbo
posted on 2004/07/08

The problem occurs only while uploading files to the ftpserver (STOR). It almost always happens at the end of the transfer with one exception, I have a file that causes this error every time in the middle of the transfer.

I'm not sure that the error is on the server side, it could be in the PowerTCP component...

First I will check the new version that is available here, if that doesn't work I will get back to you with the file and more detailed instructions.

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.