Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

Securityexception connecting to glftpd 2.0  
by Azrael [Roland10 at gmx dot de]
posted on 2005/03/21

Hi!
I`m tryng to connect to a ftp-server which allows only a secure connection. Connecting with Flashfpx it works with both "auth ssl" and "auth tls", but when i try to do it with the menatils security-library and the example ftp-client i get this exception:

220 (glFTPd 2.00 Linux+TLS) ready.
AUTH TLS
234 AUTH TLS successful
Org.Mentalis.Security.SecurityException: An error occurs while communicating with the remote host. ---> Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: The server hello message uses a protocol that was not recognized.
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.CompatibilityLayer.ProcessServerHello(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 size) in D:\ssh-server\seclib-1.0\seclib\Security\Ssl\Shared\CompatibilityLayer.cs:line 80
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.CompatibilityLayer.ProcessHello(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 size) in D:\ssh-server\seclib-1.0\seclib\Security\Ssl\Shared\CompatibilityLayer.cs:line 71
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SocketController.OnReceive(IAsyncResult ar) in D:\ssh-server\seclib-1.0\seclib\Security\Ssl\Shared\SocketController.cs:line 82
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.SecureSocket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in d:\ssh-server\seclib-1.0\seclib\security\ssl\securesocket.cs:line 380
at Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.SecureSocket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) in d:\ssh-server\seclib-1.0\seclib\security\ssl\securesocket.cs:line 326
at FtpClient.SendCommand(String command) in d:\csharpproggies\windowsapplication1\ftpclient.cs:line 146
at FtpClient.DownloadFile(Url url, Int32 choice) in d:\csharpproggies\windowsapplication1\ftpclient.cs:line 115
at FtpClient.Start() in d:\csharpproggies\windowsapplication1\ftpclient.cs:line 91
at FtpClient.Main(String[] args) in d:\csharpproggies\windowsapplication1\ftpclient.cs:line 48

I don´t have a clue how to solve this problem. So if you could gimme a hint, how to perform this successful, i´d be really glad

Azrael

by Azrael
posted on 2005/03/21

I just noticed while browsing through older topics in this board, that there was no support for dhe/dss.
When connecting with FlashFXP it seems to use exactly those.

[R] AUTH SSL
[R] 234 AUTH SSL successful
[R] Connected. Negotiating SSL session..
[R] SSL negotiation successful...
[R] SSL encrypted session using cipher DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA (256 bits)
[R] PBSZ 0
[R] 200 PBSZ 0 successful

Is it now implemented in the seclib?
If i have to start with openssl, do you have any ressources which could give me a start using the library?

Azrael

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2005/03/25

Yes, the lack of support for DH cipher suites is probably why the connection is failing.

by captain [cubnc at users dot sourceforge dot net]
posted on 2005/04/17

is that something we can look forward to anytime soon?
will it be implemented at all?

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.