Send Comments
Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

cannot compile source code  
by Joe Leibowitz
posted on 2005/05/24

I am trying to compile the source code for the Security library without using any precompiled dll's. However, it seems that all the libraries refer back to each other in a kind of circle, so that I don't know where to begin compiling.

Even when I settled for starting with the precompiled "Security" dll, I got an error saying certain variables were not available because of their security settings.

Anyone have experience compiling these source code files?

J_L

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2005/05/30

If you simply open the solution file (Seurity Library.sln) and compile it from there, does that not work?

by Joe Leibowitz
posted on 2005/05/31

When I downloaded the .zip files, I didn't get an .sln file. I have a lot of .cs and .vbproj files, etc., but no solution file.

However, since posting I discovered that if I paste every .cs file into one C# project, I get a successful compile. It's a little awkward to have so many files that we won't use but at least I have a good compile. Thanks for your help.

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2005/05/31

The solution file is located one directory higher than the Security Library csproj file.

by Joe Leibowitz
posted on 2005/06/01

found it! thanks...I had just used the materials in the seclib directory and didn't notice the .sln file

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.